Express Entry is not an immigration program in itself, it is actually an online system created to manage Canada’s immigration applications intake.
Individuals and families around the world can immigrate to Canada within just a few months through the Express Entry immigration selection system. Express Entry, first introduced in 2015, has become the main driver of skilled worker immigration to Canada and one of the most popular immigration systems globally.
Under the 2019-2021 Canada Immigration Levels Plan, the number of new permanent residents admitted through Express Entry over the coming years is set to increase.
What is Express Entry Canada?
Express Entry is an application management system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to manage and process applications received through three of Canada’s federal economic immigration programs for skilled workers.
Express Entry is a competitive immigration system, ranking all eligible candidates against one another and then inviting the best ranking candidates to apply for Canadian permanent resident status. Candidates are ranked against one another based on their age, education, language proficiency, work experience, and other factors.
Under Express Entry, individuals and families wishing to settle in Canada can become new permanent residents within just a few months.
How Express Entry Canada works - A step-by-step guide
Potential applicants will need to be eligible under one of the following federal economic immigration programs.
- Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC);
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC); or
- Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC) or
- Select Streams under Provincial Nominee Programs
A portion of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) are aligned with Express Entry, but candidates still must be eligible under one of the three federal programs in order to enter the Express Entry pool.
Are you eligible to immigrate to Canada under Express Entry? FREE ASSESSMENT or PREMIUM ASSESSMENT
Though the eligibility requirements differ for each of the Express Entry-aligned programs, all candidates are required to have at least one-year of skilled work experience, as well as a certain level of proficiency in either English or French. Also, Canada screens all Express Entry applicants for criminal history and medical issues that could make a person inadmissible.
Create an Express Entry profile
Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA
Submit your application for permanent residence
After you’ve submitted your application, you have to wait for a final decision to be issued. 80 percent of Express Entry applications are processed in 6 – 18 months with mostly processes in less than six . If your application is approved, then you will receive authorization to travel to and activate your permanent resident status in Canada.
What do you need to create Express Entry profile?
- Language Test
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
- Valid Passport
- NOC Code and NOC Job Title
- Provincial Nomination – if you have been nominated by a province
What are some advantages of Express Entry?
- Ability to alter the program quickly and efficiently based on Canada’s economic needs.
- Better aligns Canada’s immigration intake with labour market requirements.
- Candidates can improve their scores whilst in the pool, meaning they can work towards achieving an Invitation to Apply.
- Offers a clear and realistic picture of a candidate’s Canada immigration prospects.
- Dramatically reduced processing times by prioritizing those more likely to be successful.
- Gives government flexibility on immigration through CRS changes and program-specific draws.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.